Monday, October 20, 2008

Photo Elements

Here are some of the photos I took this weekend around campus. These were a lot of fun to take and it was a new experience since this was the first time I really used a digital camera before, I hope you enjoy them! (There were actually a total of over 400 different pictures but here are a few for each category.)

Color


Shape/Balance


Perspective

It was really hard to choose which ones to put, so if you would like to some of the other photos I took please feel free to go to the art portfolio blog I am making at: http://kebart.blogspot.com/

Feel free to check out some of my other work and critique it! Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated! (I am hopefully applying for the BFA program next year if possible.) It is still under major construction but there are four pictures for each section of photographs for this project if you would like to see more!

~Karen Borden


3 comments:

Blinky said...

I think that your method of showing perspective in the last picture is good, Shooting down instead of straight ahead of you. I also like your toes.
The picture of the leaves is lovely. Peaceful.

Blinky said...

It's interesting and unexpected to find such different colors in the same leaf. The green and the red or purple (it's hard to tell which it is) go together very nicely.
-Kim Spann

Karen said...

Thank you. Yes, I noticed my toes in the top picture too after I took it but I liked the idea so I decided to show that picture. My toes in it kind of make the viewer feel like they are looking over the image too. If you look at it for too long and are afraid of heights you tend to feel a little sick too I noticed.

Yes, I love taking pictures of nature. I really liked how those leaves were just turning colors.

~Karen